Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s theme:
Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2014
In no particular order:
1. Colleen Hoover
– I have now read 4 books by Colleen Hoover and all of them have blown me away and even made me cry, which is really hard to do. She has become one of my automatic read authors and I’m so excited to read more from her.
2. Sara Raasch
– I was beyond thrilled to have the opportunity to read and review an arc of Snow Like Ashes. You can find my review here. This was easily the best book I have read in a long time. I loved everything about this book and I am trying very had to wait patiently for the next book.
3. Huntley Fitzpatrick
– It took me a while to get to this book, partly because of the hype. I’m one of those people that puts off reading popular books because I’m always afraid I’ll be the odd one out and hate it. I finally read My Life Next Door and loved it.
4. Joe Hill
– I’ve had NOS4A2 on my kindle for a while now and probably put off reading it just because of the large page count. Surprisingly while reading, I found the pages just flew by and I loved it. It was creepy and scary and really entertaining. You can find my review here.
5. Rainbow Rowell
– My first Rowell book was an arc of Attachments and I’ve also since read Eleanor & Park. I really enjoyed both of those books and Attachments even got a tear or two out of me. Won’t be too long before I jump into another of her books.
6. Sarah J. Maas
– I can’t believe it took me so long to get around to reading Throne of Glass. I found it to be very entertaining. I recently got book two in the series on my kindle, so it won’t be too long before I get back into this series.
7. Jennifer Ellision
– I read an eArc of Threats of Sky and Sea and it was so good. I was entertained throughout the whole book. The writing was very well done and the story was exciting. No idea when the next book will be out, but I can’t wait to find out what happens next. You can find my review here.
8. Marie Lu
– I own the entire Legend series , but have only read the first book. I enjoyed Legend. The story was interesting and the writing was really nice. I am excited to find out what happens next in the series.
9. Marissa Meyer
– This year I have read Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress. I loved all three of them. I loved everything about those books and I need Winter to come out. I need to know what happens next.
10. Jodi Lynn Anderson
– My cousin is a huge fan of Peter Pan and Tinkerbell and it was through her that I discovered Tiger Lily, which is a retelling of Peter Pan. This book was incredible. It was entertaining and very emotional. I loved the writing and the whole story was so good. You can find my review here.