This challenge was originally created and hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader, then co-hosted with Kelly at Reading the Paranormal and Amanda at On a Book Bender, and is now hosted by The Book Vixen. Even though the name of the challenge has changed, the goal remains the same: read those freebies!
I have lots of freebies on my Kindle. I am always saying I will get around to them eventually. Hopefully this challenge will help me fix this problem. If you are interested in joining this fun challenge just click the banner to get to the sign-up page.
Reading Challenge Details:
- Runs January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015 (ebooks read prior to 1/1/2015 do not count towards the challenge). You can join anytime before 9/30/2015. Sign up on The Book Vixen’s blog.
- The goal is to read at least twelve (12) free ebooks. While twelve is the minimum, there is no maximum limit. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you. You can move up a level as often as you’d like but no moving down. Remember, the idea is to challenge yourself.
- This reading challenge is for LEGALLY obtained FREE ebooks. We do not condone ebook piracy. These can be ebooks offered through bigger sites, such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble, or smaller sites, such as Smashwords and All Romance Ebooks. Ebooks offered through author or publisher websites are acceptable as well, provided they are available free to everyone at the time of download.
- Only ebooks and audiobooks that were available free, in a legal manner, to the public will count towards this challenge. eARCs, library books, ebooks free through Amazon Prime/Kindle Unlimited, and/or books won or gifted are not eligible for this challenge.
- Any ebook format will work for this challenge (azw, EPUB, iBooks, mobi, PDF, etc.). You DO NOT need to have an ereader to participate in this challenge. You can read ebooks using Amazon’s Free Kindle Reading Apps, which you can download for your iPhone, iPad, Mac, PC, Blackberry and more. Free audiobooks also count towards this challenge provided they are free to the public. They can’t be free as a condition of signing up for a service and they can’t be provided by the publisher for review.
- Ebooks can be any genre (fiction, nonfiction, romance, fantasy, mystery, thriller, horror, etc.).
- Crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed, however, re-reads are not eligible for this challenge. The goal is to read the freebies you’ve legally acquired so that they are off your TBR pile.
- To join this challenge, grab the 2015 Read Your Freebies! Reading Challenge button below and post this reading challenge on your blog to track your progress. Please include a link back to this sign-up post so others can join the reading challenge too. You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, LibraryThing, BookLikes, etc., so as long as you have a dedicated shelf for the 2015 Read Your Freebies! Reading Challenge and your profile is not private. The point of linking up is to have a place where people can see what you’re reading.
- Coupon Clipper: read 12 ebooks
- Penny Pincher: read 24 ebooks
- Buying in Bulk: read 36 ebooks
- Super Saver: read 50 ebooks
- Extreme Couponer: read 100+ ebooks
I have decided to start at the lowest level, Coupon Clipper, and attempt to read 12 of the many free ebooks on my Kindle. I will be listing the books below and hopefully sticking with that list. I will be updating this post as the challenge progresses.
- Forever & Always by Jasinda Wilder
- Pendomus by Carissa Andrews
- A Quest of Heroes by Morgan Rice
- Born by Tara Brown
- Wicked Games by Jessica Clare ~ Review
- Every Little Piece by Kate Ashton
- Silence by Natasha Preston
- Sweetness by Lindsay Paige
- Falling Into Infinity by Layne Harper
- Existence by Abbi Glines
- Forever: Book One of the Abandoned by Eric Marier ~ Review
- Dark Promise by Julia Crane and Talia Jager