I have so many books sitting on my bookshelf that I keep telling myself I should read and never do. I am hoping that this challenge will motivate me to actually read those books.
To finally read 12 books from your “to be read” pile (within 12 months).
1. Each of these 12 books must have been on your bookshelf or “To Be Read” list for AT LEAST one full year. This means the book cannot have a publication date of 1/1/2014 or later (any book published in the year 2013 or earlier qualifies, as long as it has been on your TBR pile – I WILL be checking publication dates). Caveat: Two (2) alternates are allowed, just in case one or two of the books end up in the “can’t get through” pile.
2. To be eligible, you must sign-up with Mr. Linky (here) – link to your list (so create it ahead of time!) and add updated links to each book’s review. Books must be read and must be reviewed (doesn’t have to be too fancy) in order to count as completed.
3. The link you post in the Mr. Linky below must be to your “master list” (see mine below). This is where you will keep track of your books completed, crossing them out and/or dating them as you go along, and updating the list with the links to each review (so there’s one easy, convenient way to find your list and all your reviews for the challenge). See THIS LINK for an idea of what I mean. Your complete and final list must be posted by January 15th, 2015.
4. Leave comments on this post as you go along, to update us on your status. Come back here if/when you complete this challenge and leave a comment indicating that youCONQUERED YOUR 2015 TBR LIST! Every person who successfully reads his/her 12 books and/or alternates (and who provides a working link to their list, which has links to the review locations) will be entered to win a $50 gift card from Amazon.com or The Book Depository!
5. Crossovers from other challenges are totally acceptable, as long as you have never read the book before and it was published before 2014!
6. You can read the books on your list in any order; they do not need to be read in the order you have them listed.
7. As you complete a book – review it, and go back to your original list and turn that title into a link to the review.
On the 15th of each month, there will be a “TBR Pile Check-In.” This will allow participants to link-up their reviews from the past month and get some recognition for their progress.
On Twitter, Instagram & Facebook, use #TBR2015RBR.
The twelve books for this challenge and two alternates are listed below. As I progress with this challenge I will leave links to the reviews on this post.
- The Princess in the Opal Mask by Jenny Lundquist
- Roadside Crosses by Jeffery Deaver
- Weep No More My Lady by Mary Higgins Clark
- Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
- Catalyst by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin
- How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff
- Origin by Jessica Khoury
- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
- Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
- Rosebush by Michele Jaffe
- My Soul To Take by Rachel Vincent
- XO by Jeffery Deaver
- Shadowcry(Wintercraft) by Jenna Burtenshaw