This survey is hosted by Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner.
I can’t believe 2014 is almost over. Now it’s time to reflect on all things books, reading, and blogging in 2014. All of the answers from this survey will be from the list of books I read in 2014.
2014 Reading Stats
Number of Books You Read:
Number of Re-Reads:
Genre You Read The Most From:
Best In Books
1. Best book you read in 2014?
– I was torn between 2 books so for me the best book I read in 2014 is a tie between Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover and Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch.
2. Book you were excited about and thought you were going to love, but didn’t?
– I was really excited about Twisted Fate by Norah Olson. It had so much potential and just really disappointed me.
3. Most surprising (good or bad) book you read?
– The most surprisingly good book I read this year was Sanctum by Sarah Fine. I went into this book with very low expectations and it absolutely blew me away with how much depth it had and how good it was.
4. Book you “Pushed” the most people to read?
– This is again a tie between Ugly Love and Snow Like Ashes. Both books were incredible and if you haven’t read them yet, please do so.
5. Best series you started? Best sequel? Best series ender?
– The best series I started this year is The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. I read Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress this year and I am so excited for Winter. The best sequel I read was World After by Susan Ee. Despite all of the series books I read this year I didn’t actually finish any series this year, so no favorite series ender.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
– Colleen Hoover and Sara Raasch are both amazing authors and definitely my new favorites.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Biographies are typically hard for me to read, but I did enjoy reading I Am Malala.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
– Snow Like Ashes was one of those books where I never got bored and read it in almost one sitting because the action never stopped.
9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
– I bought myself a finished copy of Snow Like Ashes for Christmas and I am hoping to re-read it next fall before book 2 comes out.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?
– Definitely a tie between Ugly Love and Snow Like Ashes
11. Most memorable character of 2014?
– Meira from Snow Like Ashes. My hands down favorite character from 2014.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
– Surprisingly this is a tie between Ugly Love and Snow Like Ashes. 🙂
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?
– The Five Stages of Andrew Brawley by Shaun Hutchinson. I finished it last week and it feels like one of those books that is going to stick around in my brain.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read?
– Hopeless by Colleen Hoover. I’ve had this book on my kindle for a while now and if I had known how much I was going to love Colleen Hoover as a n author I definitely would have read this book a lot sooner.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
– “Someday we will be more than words in the dark.” Sara Raasch, Snow Like Ashes
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2014?
– The shortest was The Vampire’s Mirror (81 pages) and the longest was A Storm of Swords (1,216 pages)
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
– Definitely We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
– Eve and Rourke from the In Death series by J.D. Robb (Nora Roberts)
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
– Rose Hathaway and Lissa Dragomir from the Vampire Academy series
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
– Worst Case by James Patterson
21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
– Theron for Snow Like Ashes.
23. Best 2014 debut you read?
– Snow Like Ashes
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
– I’ll give you a wild guess 🙂 Snow Like Ashes. The world that Raasch was able to create was beautiful and I can’t wait for the next book.
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
– Cinder by Marissa Meyer
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?
– Ugly Love definitely made me cry and most recently The Five Stages of Andrew Brawley.
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
– Threats of Sky and Sea by Jennifer Ellision
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
– The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks. That ending hurt my heart and most definitely crushed my soul.
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?
– Darkness by Erin Eveland
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
– Twisted Fate by Norah Olson. That book made me so mad and not in a good way.
Your Blogging/Bookish Life
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2014?
I just started following blogs halfway through this year and I couldn’t possibly pick a favorite.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2014?
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
– My very first post on this blog, which happens to be my favorite book quote.
“Books say: She did this because. Life says: She did this. Books are where things are explained to you; life is where things aren’t. I’m not surprised some people prefer books.” Julian Barnes
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?
– Best moment would have to be when I started my Blog in June.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
– My most popular post was a Book Beginning/Friday 56 of Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
– I would probably have to say every post could use more love.
9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
– Book Outlet and Book Depository
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
– This is the first half year of my Blog so I didn’t participate in any book challenges apart from the Goodreads Challenge, which I did complete.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?
– Ice Like Fire (Book 2 in the Snow Like Ashes series) by Sara Raasch
3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
– The Distance Between Lost and Found by Kathryn Holmes
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?
– Winter by Marissa Meyer
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?
– My main goal for next year is to be better at reviewing the books I read. I’m hoping the challenges I’m participating in will help with that.
6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
– I’ve only read a few 2015 books and haven’t reviewed any of them yet, but I will take this opportunity to recommend The Five Stages of Andrew Brawley by Shaun Hutchinson, which comes out in January.