*Clicking on the banner will take you to the Monthly Review Link-up hosted by Kathryn @Book Date.
April 2015 Monthly Wrap-Up
April turned out to be a really good reading month for me. I managed to read 12 books in April. I managed to get through a bunch of my e-arcs and some challenge books this month. I also decided to start a new series and I read Outlander. It only reminded me how many series I’ve already started that I need to finish. I’m hoping to get to a couple of those books in May. I am determined not to start a new series until I finish one, but we’ll see if I actually stick to it.
Books read in April:
Outlander – Diana Gabaldon – 5 Stars
Every Last Promise – Kristin Halbrook – 3 Stars
None of the Above – I.W. Gregorio – 5 Stars
Wicked White – Michelle A. Valentine – 3 Stars
Out of Control – Sarah Alderson – 3 Stars
See Through Me – Sera Bright – 3 Stars
Things We Know By Heart – Jessi Kirby – 3 Stars
Crimson Bound – Rosamund Hodge – 4 Stars
The Cost of All Things – Maggie Lehrman – 3 Stars
Since You’ve Been Gone – Morgan Matson – 5 Stars
Hold Me Like A Breath – Tiffany Schmidt – 3 Stars
Scarlet – A.C. Gaughen – 4 Stars
Reviews Posted in March:
* You can get to my Challenge Posts from the menu bar at the top pf the page.
* ? = there is no set number for this challenge.
What’s In A Name:
Books Read: 3/6
Books Reviewed: 1/6
TBR Pile Challenge:
Books read: 3/12
Books Reviewed: 2/12
Read Your Freebies Challenge:
Books Read: 2/12
Books Reviewed: 2/12
Books Read: 9/?
Books Read This Month:
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson
- Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen
Netgalley and Edelweiss Challenge:
Books Read: 16/?
Books Reviewed: 8/?
Books Reviewed in April:
- None of the Above
- Every Last Promise
- Things We Know By Heart
- Drive Me Crazy
* To see my goals and resolutions post click here. Some of the resolutions/goals were updated earlier in the post so they won’t all be listed here.
– I have read 40/110 books
Reviews posted this Month: 4
Reviews posted in 2015: 18
– Still no progress here.
– I feel like I’m staying pretty consistent with this one, but I definitely could be doing better.
– Staying pretty consistent with this one and I even added another one this month.
– I keep wanting to start new series and then I remember I still have so many series I need to finish.
– Have not read any yet this year, but that will change at some point.
Operation No Soda:
– I have now been soda free for 4 months. I had a couple of small cravings this month, but I stayed strong. I don’t imagine I will keep this up for the rest of my life, but I would like to get through this year at least and so far, so good.
*These are some of things that took up my attention when I wasn’t reading this month.
What I was listening to…
- Fly by Maddie & Tae – My new favorite song, I’ve been obsessed with this song since I first heard it.
- Hold My Hand by Brandi Clark – I first heard this song when she performed it on the Grammy’s, but I’ve been listening to it over and over this month.
What I was watching…
- NHL Playoffs – My favorite team, the Detroit Red Wings got beat in game 7 on Wednesday, and I’m still not over it, but now I can focus on baseball and tennis.
- Outlander – This month I read the first book in the Outlander series and watched all of the T.v. episodes except for the last 2. I love how close to the book they stayed. There are differences. but it doesn’t really change any of the story, just how some of it is told.