*Clicking on the banner will take you to the Monthly Review Link-up hosted by Kathryn @Book Date.
May 2015 Month In Review
May was kind of a down month for me, blogging wise. I went through a little slump where I had no motivation to read, write or do anything. For a little while, I had gotten really good at scheduling posts ahead of time and then those ran out right along with my motivation. Despite the lack of motivation, I actually managed to read 7 books this month. For the next month I’m going to definitely work on trying to keep motivated and stay more consistent with this blog, like I’ve been doing the past few months.
Books read in May:
Vanished – E.E. Cooper – 3 Stars
The Girl on the Train – Paula Hawkins – 4 Stars
A Sense of the Infinite – Hilary T. Smith – 3 Stars
Tiny Pretty Things – Sona Charaipotra & Dhonielle Clayton – 4 Stars
Extraordinary Means – Robyn Schneider – 4 Stars
Emancipated – M.G. Reyes – 3 Stars
Days Like This – Danielle Ellison – 4 stars
Reviews Posted in May:
* You can get to my Challenge Posts from the menu bar at the top pf the page.
* ? = there is no set number for this challenge.
What’s In A Name:
Books Read: 3/6
Books Reviewed: 2/6
TBR Pile Challenge:
Books read: 3/12
Books Reviewed: 3/12
Read Your Freebies Challenge:
Books Read: 2/12
Books Reviewed: 2/12
Books Read: 9/?
Netgalley and Edelweiss Challenge:
Books Read: 22/?
Books Reviewed: 10/?
* To see my goals and resolutions post click here. Some of the resolutions/goals were updated earlier in the post so they won’t all be listed here.
– I have read 47/110 books
Reviews posted this Month: 3
Reviews posted in 2015: 21
– Still no progress here.
– I feel pretty good about this one. I could still be better at going to other blogs and leaving comments.
– I only missed one meme post this month, because it was during my previously mentioned slump.
– I didn’t finish any series this month, but it’s still my goal to finish at least one by the end of the year.
– I will get to this one eventually.
Operation No Soda:
– Month 5 with no soda went pretty good. I actually do miss soda once in a while, but I’m proud of myself for sticking with this. Still trying to work drinking more water, but that’s a work in progress.
*These are some of things that took up my attention when I wasn’t reading this month.
What I was listening to…
- I’m obsessed with the I Know Places cover by Vance Joy. I absolutely love Taylor’s version, but his version is really awesome and I’ve listened to it about a thousand times in the past month.
- I’m Comin’ Over by Chris Young. I’ve been listening to this song on repeat for the last week. The music video just came out and it’s awesome.
- I’ve also been overplaying the Bad Blood remix. That video was amazing and If you couldn’t already tell, I’m a huge Taylor Swift fan, so I’ve been listening to that song so much the last couple of weeks.
What I was watching…
- I’ve been watching lots of Tennis. The French Open started last week, so that’s been primarily on my TV. Just in case you were wondering, my favorite player is Novak Djokovic. I don’t really have a favorite female player, but I root for most of them.
- This month I watched the first 3 Die Hard movies for the first time. I’ve been trying to watch more movies, but it seems like my attention span doesn’t agree with that. 🙂