*Clicking on the banner will take you to the Monthly Review Link-up hosted by Kathryn @Book Date.
June 2015 Month In Review
June was a really good month for me, as far as reading goes. I read 16 books in June and more importantly, I really enjoyed most of them, only two 3 star books this month. As far as blogging goes, I only posted 1 review this month, which is disappointing, but I did write a bunch of them, so it wasn’t all bad. Now, I just have to actually post them. This month I listened to 6 audiobooks. It seems like I listen to audiobooks in spurts. I started crocheting again this month, after taking a break from it, and that always makes me go for audiobooks.
I have a really good feeling about July. It’s the best month of the year, because it’s my birthday month, so I already know it’s going to be a good month for me. My goals for July are to try and read at least half of what I read in June and to make some progress on posting the reviews I’ve already written and hopefully catching up a little in reading and reviewing more of my arcs.
Books read in June: 16
* Clicking on book titles will take you to it’s Goodreads page.
Bared To You – Sylvia Day – 3 Stars (Audiobook)
Proof Of Forever – Lexa Hillyer – 4 Stars
The Raven Boys – Maggie Stiefvater – 4 Stars (Audiobook)
I Am the Traitor – Allen Zadoff – 4 Stars
Last Year’s Mistake – Gina Ciocca – 4 Stars
Beautiful Bastard – Christina Lauren – 4 Stars (Audiobook)
Where The Road Takes Me – Jay McLean – 4 Stars
The Revenge Playbook – Rachel Allen – 4 Stars
Emmy & Oliver – Robin Benway – 5 Stars
Never Too Far – Abbi Glines – 3 Stars (Audiobook)
Dragonfly In Amber – Diana Gabaldon – 4 Stars
Crash – Nicole Williams – 4 Stars (Audiobook)
Between Us And The Moon – Rebecca Maizel – 4 Stars
The Night We Said Yes – Lauren Gibaldi – 4 Stars
Forever Too Far – Abbi Glines – 4 Stars (Audiobook)
Reviews Posted in June:
* You can get to my Challenge Posts from the menu bar at the top of the page.
* I will be posting this section in a separate post. My 2nd quarter update will be posted shortly, either tonight or early tomorrow.
* To see my goals and resolutions post click here. Some of the resolutions/goals were updated earlier in the post so they won’t all be listed here.
– I have read 63/110 books. According to Goodreads, I am 9 books ahead of schedule.
Reviews posted this Month: 1
Reviews posted in 2015: 22
– Still no progress here. I have some ideas, but haven’t been able to get all my thoughts into a post that actually makes any sense.
– I feel pretty good about this one. I could still be better at going to other blogs and leaving comments.
– I did really well in this category this month. It really helps when some of these posts can be made ahead of time.
– I finally finished a series!!!! I finished the Unknown Assassin Series by Allen Zadoff, also known as the Boy Nobody Series. if you haven’t heard about this series, I highly recommend it.
– I will get to this one eventually.
Operation No Soda:
– I have now been soda free for 6 months. Halfway through the year and I’ve stuck with this one. My focus for the second half of the year is, of course, to drink more water.
*These are some of things that took up my attention when I wasn’t reading this month.
What I was listening to…
- I’m have been obsessed with Kelsea Ballerini for a while now, but her fist album came out recently and thankfully it’s on Amazon Prime, so I’ve been listening to that pretty much nonstop this month. My favorite song on the album is Stilettos, I am in love with that song.
- Audiobooks. I have listened to 6 audiobooks this month. It probably has to do with me starting to get back into crocheting. In related news. It’s a lot easier to listen to an audiobook and crochet, than to read and crochet.
What I was watching…
- I got a free month of Netflix, so I am trying to enjoy it while it lasts. I started watching Arrow, I’ve only got a few episodes left in season 1.
- I also finished up season 1 of The 100, unfortunately Netflix doesn’t have season 2 up yet, so that’ll have to wait.