*Clicking on the banner will take you to the Monthly Review Link-up hosted by Kathryn @Book Date.
August 2015 Month In Review
Last month I had my best reading month ever, where I read 20 books, which I thought was a crazy number for me, and so of course, I managed to read even more books this month. ARC August was a huge success for me. That’s right, all 30 books I read this month were ARCs and because I’m now way ahead I decided to go off schedule and start reading The Shadow Queen, which is one of the 2016 ARCs I was just approved for. I’ve already read 25% and I’m loving it.
This month was also a great blogging month for me. I posted 9 reviews, which is a record for me, and I’ve got a bunch more scheduled. I’ve also written up a few more reviews for some of the ARC August books.
For September, I was planning to focus on reading my own books, which I will still do, but I was approved for some of the 2016 books I was really looking forward to, so I may have to slip some of those into my TBR for September.
Books read in August: 30
Blackmail Boyfriend – Chris Cannon ~ 4 Stars
Has To Be Love – Jolene Perry ~ 3 Stars
Ash & Bramble – Sarah Prineas ~ 3.5 Stars
Dumplin’ – Julie Murphy ~ 4 Stars
Burn Girl – Mandy Mikulencak ~ 3 Stars
Violent Ends – Multiple Authors ~ 5 Stars
Cut Both Ways – Carrie Mesrobian ~ 2 Stars
Are You Still There – Sarah Lynn Scheerger ~ 3 Stars
Mirrored – Alex Flinn ~ 3 Stars
Blood and Salt – Kim Liggett ~ 5 Stars
What We Saw – Aaron Hartzler ~ 5 Stars
Dreamland – Robert L. Anderson ~ 3.5 Stars
The Unquiet – Mikaela Everett ~ 3 Stars
My Secret To Tell – Natalie D. Richards ~ 4 Stars
Walk on Earth a Stranger – Rae Carson ~ 3.5 Stars
Riot of Storm and Smoke – Jennifer Ellision ~ 5 Stars
Hotel Ruby – Suzanne Young ~ 3 Stars
Consent – Nancy Ohlin ~ 2.5 Stars
Future Perfect – Jen Larsen ~ 3 Stars
A Sliver of Stardust – Marissa Burt ~ 4 Stars
Finding Perfect – Kendra C. Highley ~ 5 Stars
Ten Things Sloane Hates About Tru – Tera Lynn Childs ~ 5 Stars
A Madness So Discreet – Mindy McGinnis ~ 3 Stars
A Tale of Highly Unusual Magic – Lisa Papademitriou ~ 3 Stars
A Step Toward Falling – Cammie McGovern ~ 4 Stars
If You’re Lucky – Yvonne Prinz ~ 3 Stars
What’s Broken Between Us – Alexis Bass ~ 3 Stars
All We Left Behind – Ingrid Sundberg ~ 3 Stars
Falling For The Wrong Guy – Sara Hantz ~ 4 Stars
The Truth About Lies – Courtney C. Stevens ~ 4 Stars
Reviews Posted in August: 9
* You can get to my Challenge Posts from the menu bar at the top of the page.
* ? = there is no set number for this challenge.
What’s In A Name:
Books Read: 5/6
Books Reviewed: 3/6
TBR Pile Challenge:
Books read: 3/12
Books Reviewed: 3/12
Read Your Freebies Challenge:
Books Read: 4/12
Books Reviewed: 3/12
Books Read: 14/?
Netgalley and Edelweiss Challenge:
Books Read: 66/?
Books Reviewed: 34/?
* To see my goals and resolutions post click here. Some of the resolutions/goals were updated earlier in the post so they won’t all be listed here.
– I have read 113/110 books. I can’t believe it’s only the end of August and I’ve finished my Goodreads challenge goal, which I thought was going to be a little bit of a challenge when I made the goal.
Reviews posted this Month: 9
Reviews posted in 2015: 38
– Still no progress here. I have some ideas, but haven’t been able to get all my thoughts into a post that actually makes any sense.
– I feel pretty good about this one. I could still be better at going to other blogs and leaving comments.
– I’ve been feeling pretty productive the last few months and these posts have been fun for me to do this year.
– I’ve finished 1 series this year, but hoping to finish at least one more.
– I will get to this one eventually.
Operation No Soda:
– It’s now been 8 months since I last had soda and I’m doing really good with this goal. I don’t even really think about it anymore and cravings have been really rare. Still working on drinking more water.
*These are some of things that took up my attention when I wasn’t reading this month.
What I was listening to…
- I haven’t really been listening to anything in particular this month until this past week. Thanks to everyone on Twitter who were raving about Halsey, I have discovered my new favorite album. I had heard of Halsey before, but never listened to any of her songs, but the new Badlands album is awesome and if you haven’t listened to it yet, please go do so.
What I was watching…
- In the last week of August my dad and I started up our Netflix again so I finally finished seasn 1 of Arrow.
- I also got in a few episodes of Supernatural. I’m almost finished with season 4.