*Clicking on the banner will take you to the Monthly Review Link-up hosted by Kathryn @Book Date.
September 2015 Month In Review
Between July and August, I read 50 books and I knew it was going to catch up with me, which it did, I managed to read 7 books this month. Because I was able to get ahead in my ARC schedule, thanks to ARC August, I didn’t feel any pressure to read this month, which helped with not worrying about my reading slump. Instead of reading, I watched a lot of TV this month and started crocheting again.
Blogging wise I did pretty good, but my slump started to catch up with my blogging as well. I posted 11 reviews, but I had a few more written that weren’t typed and posted. I am hoping that now that we are in a new month, I will get back some of that motivation. I’ve been working on getting posts scheduled and reviews written. September wasn’t too bad of a month, but I am hoping for an even better October.
Books Read in September: 7
The Shadow Queen – C.J. Redwine ~ 5 Stars
The Martian – Andy Weir ~ 5 Stars
Crown of Midnight – Sarah J. Maas ~ 5 Stars
Ice Like Fire – Sara Raasch ~ 4 Stars
Heir of Fire – Sarah J. Maas ~ 5 Stars
The Finn Factor – Rachel Bailey ~ 4 Stars
The Great Hunt – Wendy Higgins ~ 4 Stars
Reviews Posted in September: 11
* You can get to my Challenge Posts from the menu bar at the top of the page.
* ? = there is no set number for this challenge.
What’s In A Name:
Books Read: 5/6
Books Reviewed: 3/6
TBR Pile Challenge:
Books read: 3/12
Books Reviewed: 3/12
Read Your Freebies Challenge:
Books Read: 4/12
Books Reviewed: 3/12
Books Read: 14/?
Netgalley and Edelweiss Challenge:
Books Read: 70/?
Books Reviewed: 43/?
* To see my goals and resolutions post click here. Some of the resolutions/goals were updated earlier in the post so they won’t all be listed here.
– I have read 120/110 books.
Reviews posted this Month: 11
Reviews posted in 2015: 49
– Still no progress here. I have some ideas, but haven’t been able to get all my thoughts into a post that actually makes any sense.
– I feel pretty good about this one. I could still be better at going to other blogs and leaving comments.
– I’ve been feeling pretty productive the last few months and these posts have been fun for me to do this year.
– I’ve finished 1 series this year, but hoping to finish at least one more.
– I will get to this one eventually.
Operation No Soda:
– It’s now been 9 months since I last had soda and I’m doing really good with this goal. I don’t even really think about it anymore and cravings have been really rare. Still working on drinking more water.
*These are some of things that took up my attention when I wasn’t reading this month.
What I was listening to…
- There wasn’t anything specific that I was listening to this month.
What I was watching…
- Fall TV. Quite a few of the tv shows I watch had their fall premieres this past week or two. HTGAWM, Scandal, OUAT, The Voice, and Dancing With the Stars are some of the shows I currently watch.
- A few of the new shows I am loving are, Quantico, Blindspot and Scream Queens. Really loving those new shows, so far.
- As if I wasn’t watching a million shows already, I decided to start watching Criminal Minds. I don’t know why I never watched it before, but I am obsessed. I’m currently on episode 6 of season 2.
What I was doing…
- I picked back up with my crocheting this month. I’m working on a Christmas Afghan that will be a gift.