Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s theme:
Ten Nine Books I Wish I Had DNF’d
*This week is all about quitting. One of the suggestions was about the last books I had DNF’f, but if you’ve been following me for a while, you would know that I’m not really a DNF’er. So for this week’s topic I decided to go with the top 9 books I wish I had DNF’d. As usual, these are in no particular order.
1. Hotel Ruby – Suzanne Young
– I loved the setting. The Hotel was incredible, unfortunately the story was extremely predictable and a little boring.
2. The Unquiet – Mikaela Everett
– This book was way longer then it should have been and it felt like work trying to read it.
3. if You’re Lucky – Yvonne Prinz
– Another extremely predictable story, that I felt like I’d read many times before.
4. The Fault In Our Stars – John Green
– I wish I could have stopped before the “thing” happened and pretend that it didn’t happen.
5. The Best of Me – Nicholas Sparks
– I was loving this book and the ending filled me with so much rage that I wanted to throw something.
6. Awake – Natasha Preston
– I pretty much hated this book and wish I had never actually read it.
7. Cut Both Ways – Carrie Mesrobian
– This book didn’t have any substance to it and it was a total waste of time.
8. Twisted Fate – Norah Olson
– This book really got on my nerves and the twist didn’t seem very well thought out.
9. Stealing Cynderella – Katie Gallagher
– This book features extreme insta-love and I pretty much hated the main characters. It’s also not a good sign that you give away one of the big plot points in the summary.