*Clicking on the banner will take you to the Monthly Review Link-up hosted by Kathryn @Book Date.
October 2015 Month In Review
I managed to read 7 books this month. I was hoping that my reading slump would go away and let me read in peace, but it didn’t go away completely. I also let myself get way behind in reviews again, but I’m hoping to fix that again next month.
My plans for November include, trying to catch up on my reviews and, of course, to read Winter. I’ve had it pre-ordered for a while, so hopefully it will get here on release day. I am all kinds of excited for that book.
Books Read in October: 7
Velvet Undercover by Teri Brown ~ 4 Stars
Rikki by Abigail Strom ~ 3 Stars
Assassin’s Heart by Sarah Ahiers ~ 4 Stars
Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan ~ 3 Stars
Until We Meet Again by Renee Collins ~ 4 Stars
How To Lose A Bachelor by Anna Banks ~ 4 Stars
For The Record by Charlotte Huang ~ 4 Stars
Reviews Posted in October: 2
* You can get to my Challenge Posts from the menu bar at the top of the page.
* ? = there is no set number for this challenge.
What’s In A Name:
Books Read: 5/6
Books Reviewed: 3/6
TBR Pile Challenge:
Books read: 3/12
Books Reviewed: 3/12
Read Your Freebies Challenge:
Books Read: 4/12
Books Reviewed: 3/12
Books Read: 14/?
Netgalley and Edelweiss Challenge:
Books Read: 70/?
Books Reviewed: 43/?
* To see my goals and resolutions post click here. Some of the resolutions/goals were updated earlier in the post so they won’t all be listed here.
– I have read 127/110 books.
Reviews posted this Month: 2
Reviews posted in 2015: 51
– Still no progress here.
– Still managing to stay somewhat consistent with this one.
– Still keeping up with these.
– I’ve finished 1 series this year, but hoping to finish at least one more.
– I will get to this one eventually.
Operation No Soda:
– I am now at 10 months with no soda. I still get a craving once in a while, but those are pretty easy to ignore by now.
*These are some of things that took up my attention when I wasn’t reading this month.
What I was listening to…
- This month, the last week especially, I’ve been listening to Carrie Underwood’s new album, Storyteller. Some of my favorite songs from the album are, Dirty Laundry, What I Never Knew I Always Wanted, and Heartbeat.
- And like most of the world, I’ve been obsessed with the new Adele song, Hello, ever since it came out.
What I was watching…
- Last month I started watching Criminal Minds and I got to episode 6 of season 2, I’ve been pretty much obsessed with the show since I started it and now I’m up to episode 5 of season 8.
- Last night I started watching season 2 of The 100. I forgot how much I loved the show. Only 6 episodes left and I’ll be all caught up before the new season starts.
- Something I meant to put on last month’s post that carried over to this month is the Panda Cam. The Panda Cam is always on and let’s everyone watch Bei Bei, the National Zoo’s baby Giant Panda, as he grows up. I am a sucker for baby animals and baby Giant Panda’s are really, really cute and I love that we get a chance to watch him grow up.
What I was doing…
- I did some more crocheting this month. The Christmas afghan I’m working on has 9 squares and I’ve completed 5 of them , so far.