*Clicking on the banner will take you to the Monthly Review Link-up hosted by Kathryn @Book Date.
November 2015 ~ Month In Review
November was an interesting month. There is always one month a year, where I read just a few books and this year, that was November. I managed to read 5 books. I think I’m still feeling a little bit of burnout from this summer. I also slipped on my reviews again and only posted 2 this month.
My goals for December are to try to catch up on some reviews and to read more than 5 books.
Books Read in November: 5
The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan ~ 4 Stars
Compromising Her Position by Samanthe Beck ~ 4 Stars
How To Disappear by Ann Redisch Stampler ~ 3 Stars
A Drop Of Night by Stefan Bachmann ~ 4 Stars
Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman ~ 5 Stars
Reviews Posted in November: 2
* You can get to my Challenge Posts from the menu bar at the top of the page.
* ? = there is no set number for this challenge.
What’s In A Name:
Books Read: 5/6
Books Reviewed: 3/6
TBR Pile Challenge:
Books read: 3/12
Books Reviewed: 3/12
Read Your Freebies Challenge:
Books Read: 4/12
Books Reviewed: 3/12
Books Read: 14/?
Netgalley and Edelweiss Challenge:
Books Read: 70/?
Books Reviewed: 43/?
* To see my goals and resolutions post click here. Some of the resolutions/goals were updated earlier in the post so they won’t all be listed here.
– I have read 132/110 books.
Reviews posted this Month: 2
Reviews posted in 2015: 53
– Still no progress here.
– Still managing to stay somewhat consistent with this one.
– Still keeping up with these.
– I’ve finished 1 series this year, and I’ll end up with 2, when I manage to finish Winter.
– It’s not looking too good for this one.
Operation No Soda:
– I am now at 11 months with no soda. Almost at the finish line. I originally wanted to go a whole year and now that it’s almost done, I’m definitely planning to continue with this in the next year.
*These are some of things that took up my attention when I wasn’t reading this month.
What I was listening to…
- This month I’ve been switching between 3 albums. The first is Carrie Underwood’s new album Storyteller. My favorite songs from the album, at the moment, are Chaser and Church Bells.
- The second album I’ve been listening to this month is the new album from One Direction. My favorite songs are, Long Way Down, A.M., Love You Goodbye, and End Of The Day.
- And the third album is 25 by Adele. My favorite songs are, When We Were Young, Water Under The Bridge, River Lea, and Love In The Dark.
What I was watching…
- Last month I was up to season 8 of Criminal Minds and 2 weeks into this month I was all caught up. I have never been obsessed with a show like this before. There is a channel that plays a Criminal Minds marathon every other day and I’ve been watching that this past week. It’s really hard to go back to watching 1 episode a week when you’ve gotten used to watching 5-6 episodes a day. I’m seriously considering watching the whole series from the beginning again.
- I am now finished with season 2 of The 100 and I am very much looking forward to next season.
- I’m also still obsessed with the Panda Cam. Bei Bei, the baby Giant Panda, from the National Zoo is seriously the cutest. This past month he finally took his first step and he’s taken a few more in the last couple of weeks. I thinks it’s so cool to get to watch him grow up and he is seriously adorable.
What I was doing…
- I am still working on my Christmas Afghan. I’ve crocheted 7 of the nine squares. Only 2 more and then the long process of putting them all together.