*Clicking on the banner will take you to the Monthly Review Link-up hosted by Kathryn @Book Date.
Month 2015 Month In Review
How is January already over? I know I say that every month, but it seriously feels like time is moving super fast. I had a pretty good month all around, except that I ended January with a cold. Hopefully that’s not a sign for the rest of the year.
This month, I got a lot of crocheting done and still managed to read 11 books, watch 10 movies, and catch up a couple of my TV shows. Blogging wise, I also had a pretty good month, and I managed to post 6 reviews this month.
Books Read in January: 11
Reviews Posted in January: 6
2016 TBR Challenge Update
*I am separating this section into the different categories from my TBR list.
In January, I managed to read 4 books from my 2016 TBR, and I really enjoyed all of them.
From My Bookshelf:
Books Read: 0/14
From My Kindle:
Books read: 1/20
- Playing The Player – Lisa Brown Roberts
Books Read: 1/13
- The Fill-In Boyfriend – Kasie West
Books Read: 2/24
- Visions In Death – J.D. Robb (In Death #19)
- Mia And The Bad Boy – Lisa Burstein (Backstage Pass #2)
* To see my goals and resolutions post click here.
– I have read 11/120 books.
Reviews posted this month: 6
Reviews posted in 2016: 6
-Well, I didn’t post any reviews in December, so this is definitely an improvement.
-I did not manage to write any of these reviews, yet, but I know I’ll get around to them soon.
Read Every Day:
-This was a success in January. There were definitely a few days where all I read was the one page, but a lot more days where I read more.
-This one still needs a little work.
I’ve been posting a little more than I normally would, so I would say this is a success, so far.
Watch More Movies:
Movies Watched In January: 10
- The Martian (Just as awesome as the book)
- The X-Files Movie
- Sweet Dreams
- Step Up All In
- Divergent (Re-watch)
- Face Off (One of my all time favorite movies)
- The Giver (Better than I thought it was going to be)
2016 Movies Watched: 10
Spent a little more than I was hoping for, but some of those Amazon Daily Deals are just too good to pass up. My goal is to still have money on my Amazon gift card at the end of the year, and I’m still doing good there.
This was a huge success for January. I am currently working on 3 projects right now and making very good progress with all of them. I posted a few progress pictures of my current Emoji Graphghan project on Instagram. I’m also working on a Temperature Blanket for 2016, and I’ll be posting the first progress picture sometime today.
Drink More Water:
– I feel like I made some progress with this one. I’ve definitely tried to cut out more of the sugary drinks. And I’m still not drinking any soda.
*These are some of things that took up my attention when I wasn’t reading this month.
What I was listening to…
- This month, I’ve been listening to a lot of country. I recently bought Caroline Kole’s new album and I’ve been listening to it for about a couple weeks straight.
What I was watching…
- My sleep schedule got a little messed up because I was watching the Australian Open, but my favorite player won, so it was worth missing some sleep.
- I slowed way down on my X-Files Marathon and only watched a handful of episodes.
- I’m all caught up on Criminal Minds and only a couple episodes behind on my other shows.
- I’ve been obsessed with cooking competition shows lately. My current favorites are Worst Cooks In America, Kid’s Baking Championship, Master Chef Jr., and Chopped Junior.
- As I mentioned earlier, I’ve watched quite a few movies this month. It’s been a while since I’ve been in the mood to watch movies.
What I was doing…
- I’ve been doing a lot of crocheting this month. I’m working on about 3 different projects right now.