2015 Book Challenges 2nd Quarter Update
I can’t believe this year is already half gone. Time goes by way too fast. I’m finding that some of these challenges are easier for me than others. I’ve made some good progress with a couple of my challenges, but I’m struggling on the others. I think the challenge I’m enjoying the most so far is the audiobook challenge. I read quite a few of them in the last few months. The challenge I need to work on most is the TBR challenge, kind of behind on that one.
Here’s a quick 1st quarter progress update for all my 2015 Reading Challenges. I’m about where I expected to be on most of the challenges. I’m glad I decided to participate in these challenges, I’m having a lot of fun. I’ve read books I might not have read if not for the challenges, including books that have been sitting on my shelf for far too long.
Keep reading to see my progress.
Join The Book Nympho and Hot Listens for the 3rd year of great audiobooks.
I used to be one of those people who couldn’t understand the appeal of audiobooks. I always believed it was harder to get into books if you were listening rather than reading. This year I discovered Audible and thus discovered a new appreciation of audiobooks. I read/listened to 13 audiobooks in 2014 and with this challenge I am hoping to beat that number in 2015 and get through all the ones just sitting on my kindle.
If you would like to join in on this fun challenge, click on the banner to get to the sign-up page.
Reading Challenge Details:
- Runs January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015. You can join at anytime.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2015 than you did in 2014.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Booklikes, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc. – I’ve created a Goodreads Group for the challenge, feel free to join.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button (on the sidebar) and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30-50
- Marathoner (Look Ma no hands) 50+
- March 27th: 1st Quarter Update
- June 19th: 2nd Quarter Update – Giveaway included
- September 25th: 3rd Quarter Update
- December 18th: 4th Quarter Update and Wrap – Giveaway included
I am aiming for the Socially Awkward Level and my goal is to listen to 18 audiobooks. I will be listing those books below. This post will be updated with links to the reviews as I progress in this challenge.
- Reason To Breathe – Rebecca Donovan
- Dead Weight – T.R. Ragan
- A Dark Mind – T.R. Ragan
- Obsessed – T.R. Ragan
- Cruel Beauty – Rosamund Hodge
- Grave Mercy – Robin LaFevers
- Falling Into You – Jasinda Wilder
Thank you for stopping by!
Good luck to anyone who decides to join the challenge.